Sign Manufacturing and Construction Options
When planning for your primary and secondary business signage, our design team will work with you to find the right type of signage, the right design and the right materials. The possibilities are endless!
Your signs can be works of art that make a statement. During the design process, we'll consider your location, municipal restrictions, future maintenance, desired purpose, and your audience demographics to determine the best material for your outdoor and indoor signs.
Sign Construction Materials
- Plastics: Most commonly, faces are constructed from various plastics such as acrylic, or polycarbonate. These have varying degrees of durability and weight.
- Flexible Face: For signs that span large areas, a canvas-like, flexible material referred to as Flexible Face may be used to keep the sign from becoming too heavy. Architectural, 3-dimensional, and other signs that require a thermo-formed face will be constructed from a moldable material.
- Vinyl: Vinyl is used for smaller signs and decals. Vinyl can be hand-cut to fit a tight space, has even color and can be translucent, opaque or reflective.
- Aluminum: Aluminum is lightweight and weather resist. It is easily customized, strong, durable and its surface can be brushed or polished to a mirror finish. It is one of the most professional looking and affordable options.
- Stainless Steel: Extremely strong and durable, but it is heavier and less pliable than aluminum.
Bases & Mounts
Signs may stand alone or be mounted to a building. They may integrate an electronic message center for enhanced communications options. Bases and mounts are generally constructed from aluminum or steel. Durability and strength are important, especially for outdoor signage that must withstand weather and wind.
Your designer will make recommendations based on the placement of your sign, which in higher locations may have very different elemental challenges than those placed on the ground.
Signs may be electric and illuminated or non-illuminated. LED sign technology provides exciting opportunities for customization of your signage. LEDs (light emitting diodes) are brighter than traditional bulbs and come in a multitude of temperatures, colors and applications. Our design team will work with you to determine the best lighting application for your brand and your budget.