Integrated Life Safety and Security Systems
At Lemberg, we understand the importance of keeping your staff, customers, and property safe. Whether it’s for general safety, healthcare security or information privacy, establishing a reliable building security network that ensures the overall life safety and security of personnel and guests should be a priority for every business or institution.
Lemberg provides the infrastructure and components to build integrated life safety and security systems. We work with vendors to build, install and maintain the following security solutions and more.
- Security Cameras
- Door Access
- Emergency Call Boxes
- Nurse Call
- Access Control Systems
- Emergency Lighting
- Wander Management
- Background Music/Sound-Masking
- Fire Alarm
- Intrusion Alarm
The Best Security Solutions - Deter, Detect, Document
Your business should have layers of security solutions and methods to ensure safety. It starts with understanding your risks and ends with a solid combination of operational, technical, and physical processes, which includes the design, installation and maintenance of life safety and security systems.
Properly designed security networks can save time and money. While we recommend building in measures to deter intrusion, we also advise customers to take proactive steps to detect intrusion and train employees to recognize and document suspicious activity.
Building Security into Your Existing Plan
According to the National Infrastructure Advisory Council, your building resilience should cover everything from entries to transportation routes, communications and power, and every business transaction in between.
Our life safety and security networks will strengthen your business' resourcefulness and adaptability, allowing for rapid recovery. Additionally, these security measures include post-incident learning to better respond to future incidents.
Using Building Information Modeling (BIM) to Integrate Security Systems
Building Information Modeling (BIM) can be used to safely and virtually determine the best way to integrate security systems by examining your floor plans and keeping your egress plans up to date. Understand where you can incorporate architectural elements (such as corners, building facades, signage, and so on) into a building security plan. Experts warn against using features like fake cameras or overt signage to ward off would-be violators. These are not only ineffective, they can be in violation of codes and laws.
As you use building information modeling to integrate your security systems, consider the benefits of safety-focused initiatives, regular updates, and your building exterior. We discuss those in more detail below.
Provide Safety Without Fear
In most environments, integrated life safety and security systems should make your staff and visitors feel just that: safe. There can be a fine line between feeling safe and feeling alarmed. For example, patients should feel safe so they can concentrate on wellness; students should feel safe so they can focus on learning.
Life safety solutions, such as security cameras, blue call boxes, secured building entries or manned reception areas are all ways to send a message of safety.
Update Your Life Safety and Security System Regularly
It’s essential for everyone that your facility’s security and safety mechanisms are kept updated. Facility managers should make this an ongoing investment, always looking for new state-of-the-art security solution technology to stay ahead of security breaches. It’s important to work with professionals who can help you build flexibility into your security and safety plans, enough to allow modification and expansion as needed.
Perimeter Safety and Beyond
As you survey the exterior of your building, pay attention to blind spots or areas out of a security camera range. When it comes to entrances and exits, consider these easy but powerful safety measures:
- Limit building access
- Use strategically placed security cameras so you have the maximum coverage. Lemberg is a certified Axis camera system installer.
- Light all dark areas such as parking lots, break areas, stairwells, hallways. Use motion activated lighting to save energy costs.
- Keep vegetation and landscaping well-trimmed to remove potential hiding spots and hidden window access.
- Install sound masking and cybersecurity measures to keep digital information and conversations, such as those between patient and doctor, private and secure.
Safety and Security System Training
Safety and security training is the cornerstone of a secure and protected building. Taking the time to train your employees to understand your integrated security systems, including their key functions and locations, is the best way you can provide the knowledge and skills needed to respond to emergencies, mitigate risks, and safeguard lives and valuable assets. This includes providing detailed exit plans and training on exiting a buliding and sweeping the building for stragglers at the end of the day.
Your Partner in Life Safety and Security Solutions
At Lemberg, we partner with well-recognized industry leading technology and cloud-based system providers to design and install a customized life safety and security solution for all settings including commercial, real estate, multi-family, enterprise, vacation rentals and more.
If your organization is ready to establish a reliable integrated security system that ensures the safety of personnel and guests, Lemberg can help. Our expert team takes a holistic approach when reviewing potential threats to determine the best life safety and security solutions for your business.
Contact us today at (262) 781-1500 to learn how you can safeguard your property, your employees, your customers and your students with integrated security systems. Or, Request a Quote now to get started.
Brivo Access Control Systems
Lemberg is an authorized dealer for Brivo, one of the leading providers of cloud-based identity and access control security solutions. Brivo systems are more economical and reliable than on-premises systems and integrate a variety of access and safety components like building access and fire alarm. With a single subscription, your system remains secure, centralized, and always up-to-date.
Benefits and Features:
- One consolidated, subscription expense.
- Integrated access, facilities, and surveillance management
- Cost-effective, mitigated risk for downtime.
- Network monitoring and support
- Lifetime updates
- Mobile administration, mobile credentials
- Backups and redundancy
- Scalable and flexible
- Compatible with multiple component manufacturers and brands
- User friendly, timesaving, private
- Remote management
- Activity or facial recognition capabilities
Axis Camera Systems
Lemberg works with Axis camera components, which uses Site Designer, a tool that allows a customer to easily see their camera coverage when designing a system. Blind spots are troubleshot before installation. Choose solutions by application, technology, need or industry. Axis cameras are offered in a variety of styles designed to fit specific locations and needs.
- Analytics built into the cameras instead of being VMS driven (this is what sets Axis apart from other cameras as this doesn’t tax the VMS system)
- Compatible with most VMS solutions or you can use Axis Camera Station VMS.
- Edge storage availability
- Mobile capabilities
- User friendly, intuitive design
- Robust features
- Flexible licensing
- Cost effective, one-time licensing
- Powerful search
Verkada Access Control and Surveillance Systems
Lemberg works with Verkada, a complete cloud-based platform for integrated security cameras, access control and more. With Verkada’s encrypted security ecosystem of both hardware and software, you can monitor and respond to changes within physical sites from anywhere.
Verkada serves a variety of industries including manufacturing, healthcare, commercial, and higher education. Here are just some of the features you can expect. Contact us today to learn more about integrated security in your setting.
- Verkada VMS.
- Point and click interface simplicity.
- Remote, mobile access for site management
- Integration with existing tools and systems
- Centralized monitoring
- 365-day video retention
- Easy installation
- Environmental sensors and integrated alarms
- Wireless panic buttons
Milestone Video Management Systems
Lemberg is proud to be a certified advanced partner to Milestone, a leading open platform video management platform and scalable cloud-based security option.
Milestone provides insights from video data captured by cameras and sensors installed in environments such as healthcare, hospitality, education, retail, government, transportation and municipal.
- Compatible with many different types of cameras including older legacy models.
- User friendly, intuitive
- Searchable footage, quick and accurate pinpointed to a specific time
- Protection against premature deletion of footage
- Third party sharing
- High performing video management platforms
- Future proof, Compatible with a wide array of camera/device brands.
- Secure, reliable, and scalable cloud security options
- Designed to meet cybersecurity standards
ExacqVision Video Management Systems
Lemberg works with ExacqVision, a powerful and intuitive video management system that offers powerful search capabilities, bookmarking of specific video frames, and data integration from retail/POS or other access control systems.
- Monitor video, audio and data in real time
- Tamper protection
- User friendly and easy to install.
- Scalable to 64 analog and 128 IP cameras
- Mobile / tablet friendly
- License plate recognition, heat mapping and intrusion detection